Thursday, June 30, 2016

MY TOTALLY BIASED REVIEW OF (FUNKY FOR MY HOMETOWN) SODAS -- # 2 ROUTE 66

My second soda was so out-of-this-world in color that I had to try it next.  It is an amazing non-natural color that it reminded me of Slimer from Ghostbusters.

This is Route 66 Lime Soda.

Again, the picture does not do this soda justice. For me, this soda almost glowed from the awesomeness of the color.

I must admit I did have a bit of danish before drinking this so my taste buds were a bit off.

Anyway, the soda was more tart and less sweet (maybe because of the danish) than Shirley Temple.  I liked it, but was disappointed that I didn't get a burst of lime flavor.  The smell was outrageous with lime, but the flavor was lacking. Minus a point for that.

Even my mother agreed that it did not have as much flavor. (Yep, she's trying them too. She's the 'taster' in the family.)

There was no artificial sweeteners in this one. Yay!

So flavor aside, a more tart soda that makes Mountain Dew look almost normal.  

4 comments:

  1. Hm. Something I should avoid, as I'm diabetic, but I'd love to try one anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i should avoid it too, but sometimes we have to indulge in moderation. i drink one of these sodas when i come home after walking home in 90-100 degree heat.

      Delete
  2. I generally don't drink soda, but this one I'd give a go because I'm a bit of a geek for lime flavored... anything. Sounds like I'd be disappointed, because I like "in your face" kind of lime, but I'd still like to try it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a bear claw Danish and I didn't wait long enough to taste the soda. So that might be the reason why it had little taste.

      Delete

PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE IN THE LITTLE BOX!