Thursday, May 28, 2015

READING CHALLENGE 2015 #11 -- A BOOK WITH NONHUMAN CHARACTERS

Chronicles of Nick book 4
Okay, I've come back to this series because in this book 99% of the characters ARE NOT HUMAN! Most of the characters are demons, gods, and various other entities.  If I'm not mistaken there are six true humans in the entire book:  Nick's mom, Bubba, Mark, Casey, Alan, and Tyree. Alan and Tyree only show up for maybe two chapters, and Casey shouldn't count because she's possessed.

Anyway, Nick has more fun, fun, fun adventures trying not to get killed or drained or kidnapped by beings that want his powers.  Also, he's on the outs with Kody because Death (aka Grim) has to screw with him. How else can he bring about the Apocalypse, I ask.

All in all, it was a good book, but it took me longer to finish because I was not enjoying the Casey moments.  It was one of those things where I wanted to bash her head in because she made my skin crawl, which happened to be about a third of the book in the middle.

Once that was over, the rest of the book was awesome because the action happened and the shiznit hit the fan in a major way.  AND THEN THE ENDING!

Omg! That ending was a WTF if ever I read one! 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting one. I'm writing a book with a non-human protagonist right now. It can be challenging, but it's also a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine. To think non-human if the character isn't human or once human. Their motivations would be completely unique for their species.

      Delete
  2. Sounds good, glad you enjoyed it (except the middle!)
    Popping by on the A to Z Road Trip
    Debbie
    www.myrandommusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE IN THE LITTLE BOX!