Friday, March 21, 2014

A TO Z CHALLENGE . . . JUST HOW CRAZY AM I?

This is it, folks.  This is where I tell you what my theme is for the 26 days of the A to Z Challenge.  (See pretty A to Z Challenge clickie button on sidebar.  Go on and click it; you know you want to.)

DU DU DUN!  The epic reveal happens now.

I'm going to write a story.  Ha!  That was so anticlimactic it hurt.  Plus, it wasn't my theme.  MUHAHAHA!

No more teasing.  I will really tell you what my theme is now: Word(s) of the Day from Dictionary.com.

That's my theme in a nutshell.

 The story will incorporate words from the Word of the Day archives.  All the words used will begin with that day's letter.  For example, I will use A words (like apple) on April 1st and Z words (like zebra) on April 30th.  Each entry, of course, will run each letter that corresponds to each day. (minus Sundays.  We get those off for good behavior.)

I'm going to link up each word to its definition page just because I'm sick and demented like that.  So if you're just as weird you can see their epic meanings.

I hope I can complete this challenge.  I want to see if I'm able to write twenty-six chapters and complete a story at the same time.  I never can for Nano . . . so here's to me driving myself insane! Woo Hoo!

In the great words of Bill and Ted: "Party on, dudes!"

(and my prescheduling had issues!  Argh!   It was supposed to go up at 9 am, but it totally didn't do it!)

13 comments:

  1. Between your writing skills and obvious entertaining factor, I wouldn't miss this for the world! Plus, I might learn some new words to wield!!
    WriterlySam
    resident bartender for A to Z Theme Reveal Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam. I hope I can be entertaining. Here's to hoping. Cheers!!

      Delete
  2. That's actually a really cute idea, and by the end of it you'll have a story! Best of both worlds! Can't wait to see how it turns out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! I'm glad you like it. I just hope I can finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one. Word of the day. Indeed a promising theme this seems.

    I have revealed my theme too. Go check it.

    - Kripali
    (AJ's wHooligans)
    Sumptuous Living

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yours is a very interesting theme too.

      Delete
  5. Taking on a story with words of the day is such a wonderful challenge. Good luck!
    Jamie Dement (LadyJai)
    My A to Z
    Caring for my Veteran

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a challenge, but there are so many strange words that I'm having a blast.

      Delete
  6. All the best for you endeavours with A-Z. Words of the day built into a story is certainly taking on a mighty task. Good for you.

    CarolynBrown-Books

    One of Jeremy's Angels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I'm still working on it,but I think I can get it done. Crossing fingers!

      Delete
  7. Djinnia that is so smart! I look forward to this! Monumental to make a missive from it but you'll do great!
    Garden of Eden Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope I can finish on time. Hopefully I don't make the chapters too long!

      Delete
  8. Happy to "Party On" as well at the A to Z Blog Challenge. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE IN THE LITTLE BOX!